walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I would lie to open up room that has a door and remove the

Customer Question

I would lie to open up room that has a door and remove the door and the wall about 8 foot of load bearing wall that expands over 30 foot, but I going to leave about 24 inches out from the other wall. so I going from the door to 5 foot to the right of the door, I was going to add a 4x4 on each side and a 4x4 under the 3 2x4 that is already there, how does that sound.
Category: Structural Engineering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would like to open up room that has a door and remove the door and the wall about 8 foot of load bearing wall that expands over 30 foot, but I going to leave about 24 inches out from the other wall. so I going from the door to 5 foot to the right of the door, I was going to add a 4x4 on each sideand a 4x4 under the 3 2x4 that is already there, how does that sound.
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
Can you take a look at the following link and answer the questions at the bottom of the sheet? Your answers will allow me to accurately model the loading and size your beam. Thanks https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3LjUB_rxIbcNVlreGljdFZUZ3kxTHhvVDFnRV9uQQ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing like the picture, office unit under a steel building with a storage above the room that I am going to open up. The wall expand 30 foot and two office units.
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
Would you be able to draw a rough sketch and share it with me? I want to make sure I fully understand your configuration
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
I am still here to help if you need it.