How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask StructuralEng Your Own Question
StructuralEng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 7139
Experience:  Structural Engineer
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
StructuralEng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a homeowner in NJ and roughly 4 weeks ago a large oak

Customer Question

I am a homeowner in NJ and roughly 4 weeks ago a large oak tree fell on the house causing quite alot of water and structural damage as well. I do have homeowners insurance and they had sent out an adjuster and structural engineer both of whom work for independent companies. How can I be certain that the structural engineers report is accurate and that my insurance company is not cutting any corners? What is the normal protocol that is followed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
The best way is to have your own engineer review his report and do any independent investigation necessary.
Engineers must follow ethical guidelines and can not be dishonest in their findings. Doing so is grounds for disciplinary action.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
I am dealing with potential repair /renovation cost of up to 150K, I would like someone that has more experience.
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Do you have any other questions for me on this topic?

Related Structural Engineering Questions