StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

My carpenter has 2 - 2x 10 spanning 20ft with no center

Customer Question

my carpenter has 2 - 2x 10 spanning 20ft with no center column for an ooutfoor patio roof do you think they need a column at 10ft in texas te patio is 22x12
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it's a hip roof tied into the back of the house over a concrete slab 20ft by 10ft with a foot of overhang that we're building
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Structural Engineers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Is this beam along the perimeter of the hip roof?