Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I'm trying to find out what size beam do I need to level a…

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find out what size beam do I need to level a Fram house

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

The house is 32 ft wide and 44 ft long I would like to put enough beams under it to lift it back up

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

No its a wood Fram house no brick and the ground always sinking is I would leave them in forever and just relevel when needed

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2016
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello

Do you mean posts or beams?

Beams

How do you intend to make the beams adjustable?

I will need a framing plan to determine the load on each beam.