Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I'm trying to figure out what size I or H beam I can use…

Customer Question
I'm trying to figure...

I'm trying to figure out what size I or H beam I can use for my garage.

Tutor's Assistant: OK. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

20' span header is 6x6 lvl 32" in front of where steel beam would go. there is a 5.5" x 9.5" solid wood beam there now...that I want to swap out

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Structural Engineer should know?

I need more headroom in the garage

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
3/5/2016
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello. Can I get back to you in the morning?