How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2601
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just had work done under my crawl space. They replaced

Customer Question

I just had work done under my crawl space. They replaced rotten joists, but did not bring them back to the center support. Instead they used 4x4 posts on cinder block and also used 4x4 for the beam. In some cases they set it up with a T structure. I'm pretty sure this is all wrong.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Structural Engineers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

I can help.

Can I get back with you a bit later?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

Can you take any pictures of the work and share them with me? There is a button on the Chat Window that allows you to attach files.

Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you come back online

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the pictures?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not trying to be rude, but should I ask for someone else to help me?