Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I just had work done under my crawl space. They replaced…

Customer Question
I just had work...

I just had work done under my crawl space. They replaced rotten joists, but did not bring them back to the center support. Instead they used 4x4 posts on cinder block and also used 4x4 for the beam. In some cases they set it up with a T structure. I'm pretty sure this is all wrong.

Tutor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Like what?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
3/4/2016
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I can help.

Can I get back with you a bit later?

Sure.

Can you take any pictures of the work and share them with me? There is a button on the Chat Window that allows you to attach files.

Let me know when you come back online

Here are some pics.
IMAG0016.jpgIMAG0016.jpgIMAG0016.jpgIMAG0016.jpgIMAG0007.jpgIMAG0007.jpgIMAG0003.jpgIMAG0003.jpgIMAG0004.jpgIMAG0004.jpgIMAG0005.jpgIMAG0005.jpg
Did you get the pictures?
I'm not trying to be rude, but should I ask for someone else to help me?