Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Can i cantilever 2"x8" sistered to a 2"x12" floor joist 8'

Customer Question
deep in to house with...
Can i cantilever 2"x8" sistered to a 2"x12" floor joist 8' deep in to house with 4' overhang.This is new construction and 2"x8" will be treated lumber. This is for walk way only no heavy loads. Bearing wall is 10" block, framing walls are 2"x6".Roof pitch is 6/12.Total lenght will be 40'.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
3/4/2016
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello

Can you post a sketch?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.