How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2536
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

First question is are you able to provide pe "stamp" so i

Customer Question

Hi...first question is are you able to provide pe "stamp" so i can take the analysis to my local city building dept for approval of my house remodel project. If not, i still have to hire a local pe. Question is: i currently have separate kitchen and laundry room. Span over kichen is 10' 6". Span over laundry room is 6'. There are 7 pairs of 2 x 10 joists that currently bear on the wall common to both rooms. I want to take down wall, replace current joists with single joists that span both rooms. So i need to span about 17'. Still want to keep 2x10 vs deeper joists. Need analysis that says this will work. I' m guessing that LVL beams will be able to do this. House is 2 story colonial, kitchen on main floor, located in southern michigan. Thanks, Ron
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.


Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

I can help. Can I ge back to you in a couple hours?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ron. This site is not set up to provide stamps. I wouldn't fee comfortable stamping anything without visiting the structure myself to verify all information provided is accurate. I am happy to help with a size so you know what to expect, but can't provide a stamp.

Related Structural Engineering Questions