walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I am taking down a north to south 160' x east west 52' call

Customer Question

I am taking down a north to south 160' x east west 52' call it a two story industrial warehouse. The second floor is a 4" concrete slab with beams running east west 52' split say 30' and 22'. Steel connecting beams running north south about call it every 30'. I need to push all the debris created from deconstruction of offices inside out the south end. (metal studs and 5/8 sheet rock, a lot of it) The owner is concerned that our skid steer has too much track pressure for the floor. 633 psf. The drawings rate the floor at 125 psf. That seems a little light to me considering the construction. W8 beams east west and north south. Any will help.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

You need a load rating for the floor? I can help with that, but I will need a lot more information and to submit a premium service offer for you. I will check the slab, beams, girders, and columns. I will not check the connections.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at the site right now and don't have access to drawings. Can we talk Monday and I can get an estimate from you?

Yes, that will work. I will look for your post on Monday

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay here is the page form the plans that has the second floor on it. If that is enough information to let me know if track pressures from a skid steer of 633 lbs psf. is too much load for the floor. 4.4 lbs psi. How much will the information cost so I can run it by my division manager? I paid the 18 personally and wasn't worried about it. Thanks for working with me on this. It is an unusual situation for us.

Thank you for the sheet. ley me review this today and I'll get back to you in the evening to determine if I will need anything else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the additional cost ?

I can't discuss in the chat. I will submit the offer for you to consider. Before I do, will you need calculations or just a 'yes' or 'no'?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Calculations and yes. 🙏🏻

Ok. Just to be clear - I can provide calculations, but I can't stamp anything.

I will submit the offer now. I will need some additional information (cut sheet, construction loading, etc...)

It will include hacks on 2 beams, 4 girders, a column, and the deck.

Checks, not hacks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My division manager will be here sometime tomorrow morning. I will let you know if he approves the estimate. Thanks so much for your time and the estimate.

No problem. I'm happy to help