Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

I WANT TO REMOVE A LOAD BEARING INTERIOR WALL THAT IS APPROX…

Customer Question
I WANT TO REMOVE A...
I WANT TO REMOVE A LOAD BEARING INTERIOR WALL THAT IS APPROX 27FT LONG AND IS LOCATED IN THE MIDDLE OF A 23FT SPAN OF 2x6 RAFTERS WHICH ARE ONLY SUPPORTING THE CEILING. I'M HOPING THAT I CAN REPLACE THIS WALL WITH AN LVL. ADVICE?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
2/17/2016
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

Can you take a look at the following link and answer the questions at the bottom of the sheet? Your answers will allow me to accurately model the loading and size your beam. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3LjUB_rxIbcNVlreGljdFZUZ3kxTHhvVDFnRV9uQQ

Let me know when you come back online

I am still here to help if you need it.