Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Structural Engineering

Trailer reinforcement
, I bought a back yard designed

Customer Question
trailer reinforcement JA: Thanks. Can...
trailer reinforcement
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought a back yard designed 35 foot trailer, triple axle in the center... 5" L channel ...I bent it when loading a second truck...bent it back up with a skid steer and braced it so I could still use it...but I thought I would stiffen it up, or run new main beams before trying 2 vehicles again...si I want to know the strongest way to do it...so...best deal for steel is uncut 40 foot length...again, axels in the center(to keep tongue weight down) how much weight will the end hold sticking 20 ft past the axles...I can mess with the length if need be, but that number gives me a percentage the strength of each of the following... 1. 4" 5.4lb
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Structural Engineers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Structural Engineering
2/13/2016
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 1 year ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello

Can you please post a sketch of what you want to do.

walkereng
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant