Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

We have a wall between two first floor rooms that we want to…

Customer Question
We have a wall between...
We have a wall between two first floor rooms that we want to remove but it is structural. The second floor rooms are bedrooms and the roof is rafters so there is no roof load on the wall. The one room is 11'3" by 19'3" and the other side room is 11'9" by 19'3" with the 19'3" the wall we want to remove. It will go from an outside wall to an existing interior wall. What size lvl beam do we need to get? Would prefer shallower and not concerned with width (thickness) It will hang below the existing ceiling since we will not be cutting into the floor joists to raise it into the ceiling for easier installation. If we need to put multiple beams together to carry the load thats fine. It is a crawl space with support for the wall already in place so the load will be distributed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
2/11/2016
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I can help

Can you take a look at the following link and answer the questions at the bottom of the sheet? Your answers will allow me to accurately model the loading and size your beam. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3LjUB_rxIbcNVlreGljdFZUZ3kxTHhvVDFnRV9uQQ

I am still here to help if you need it.

Let me know if you still need help