Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Want to remove 2x4x8 16" on center framed wall with door…

Customer Question
Want to remove 2x4x8...
Want to remove 2x4x8 16" on center framed wall with door opening,2x4 dbl plate, about 8' span, 2nd floor. Roof trusses 2' on center
First floor is block perimeter with 2x12 floor joists . Would like to use either 2 2x10 nailed together or 2x8's or do I need glue lam ?1 4x4 on block sill and the other spanned across 3 floor joists, will keep the upper top plate intact.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
2/1/2016
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello

Hello
Just want to verify the weight transfer to the floor
joist holding up the roof trusses

Will it support the second floor and attic? What is the joist length on each side of the beam? Will it support any ceramic tile?

Center carrier is at 13 '4 for joists at 16 on center, no tile just lam flooring
Right corner shows the 9' distance

Double 2x10 will not work. You need a 3.5" X 9.5" 2.2E LVL

Will 2 single 1-3/4 x 9-1/2 x8 LvLs. Nailed 3-1/2 " nails 4 per row @ 12 in on center both sides along with hs 24 straps work ?

Yes

.

Thank you, ***** ***** following email

No problem. I'm happy to help. Good luck with your project