Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Had a question
, yup. we are working on a fire

Customer Question
Had a question ...

Had a question

Tutor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yup. we are working on a fire restoration project. For whatever reason the insurance company hired an environmental consultant that did a majority of the structural lay out he has a main beam s6X12.5 to be used as the main ridge beam for the roof line that spans roughly 28 with 3 columns I am looking to substitute this beam for something wood, or possibly paralagm. would you know one that would be comparable by chance?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
1/29/2016
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello

Can I get back to you in a few hours?

I apologize for the delay.

What is the rafter length on each side of the beam?

What is the city and state so I can look at snow loading?

Will this support the ridge only?