Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

We live in one storey brick veneer house. When we bought it…

Customer Question
Hi, We live in one storey...
We live in one storey brick veneer house. When we bought it 12 years ago, we built a partition wall in the garage, which was part of the building, and made a bedroom and workshop.
The partition wall is one leaf concrete brick 3.0 m long and 2.70m high. The wall is (lightly) tied only on one side with 2 steel plates at 600-700mm apart to 110mm internal, brick wall (drilled and mortared). There is no connection on the other side to the external break veneer wall, neither to the roof.
There are not cracks in the wall and looks good. But I have been worrying for ages for the safety of this stupid wall.
Can you please advice what to do with this wall to make it correctly tied.
Thank you very much.
Regards, Blagovesta
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
1/29/2016
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello

Yes. That is not really stable and a good shove would likely topple it

Can you post a couple pictures?

Thank you. Can we cancel.

Do you not want help with this?

No, thank you.

Ok. Good luck with your project.

Hi, dear structural engineer,
As you know You have not given me any help, because I asked to cancel my request . You wrote "Ok. Good luck with your project" and now from my credit card statement I realized, that I have been charged "JUSTANSWER *EXPERTS(###) ###-#### ***** OVERSEAS TXN FEE AUD -$46.35." Please, transfer back to my credit card account AUD $46.35, because I have not used your service.
Thank you.
Regards, ***** *****
JUSTANSWER *EXPERTS(###) ###-#### ***** OVERSEAS TXN FEE 0.15 AUD
-$5.15Actually the sum which should be transferred back to my credit card account is 46.35 + 5.15 = AUD 51.50.I am waiting for your response. Thank you.Regards, ***** *****
I am waiting for your response. Thank you.

I have nothing to do with billing. I only answer questions. I did not receive anything for your question.

This is a funny answer for someone who is involved in paid business online. But thank you anyway for your response. Can you please give me the details of the right person who is doing something with billing in your business.
walkereng
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant