Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What size ceiling joist do I need 23 foot span. Ceiling

Customer Question
***** *****, what size...

***** *****, what size ceiling joist do I need for a 23 foot span. Ceiling joist is also the attic floor.

Tutor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

1 story home, some repairs were made to eliminate walls.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
1/26/2016
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I can help

Can you take a look at the following link and answer the questions at the bottom of the sheet? Your answers will allow me to accurately model the loading and size your beam. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3LjUB_rxIbcNVlreGljdFZUZ3kxTHhvVDFnRV9uQQ

1 no beam
#2 ceiling joists are 24 feet wall to wall.
#3 bracing only
#4 Sacramento, CA
#5 asphalt shingles
#6 1 story ranch

Thanks for the information. I am leaving my office now, I will look at your information and get back with you a little later this evening. Talk to you soon.

don't bother, while I was waiting for your answer I found out myself...this isn't rocket science...you should have known the answer without looking it up.

Sorry I could not help. Good luck with your project.

I thought you were leaving the office?

I typed it on my phone.