Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

What size beam will I need to support a load bearing wall. I…

Customer Question
What size beam will I...
What size beam will I need to support a load bearing wall. I have a gable roof on my home. I want to span a distance of 28'. I live in the Metro Atlanta area, which we get very little snow each year. Thanks, Victor
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
1/20/2016
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant

Hello

Can I get back to you in 2 hours?

Is this an interior wall or exterior wall? What is the joist length on each side of the beam? Will it support one floor or two? What about the attic? Will it support any ceramic tile?

Do you still need help with this?