Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Structural Engineering

I live in Canada Ontario, I have a plywood subfloor and

Customer Question
would like to install a...
I live in Canada Ontario, I have a plywood subfloor and would like to install a 3/8 subfloor on top, this is on the main level of the house. How do I correctly install the plywood? what type of plywood is best? I will be installing luxury vinyl tiles that will have grout and the whole reason for installing the 3/8 plywood is so its the same height of the hardwood next to it and to provide a better surface for gluing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2015
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant

I can help

Cover the entire floor with your APA Rated 3/8-inch plywood underlayment secured with 1 ¼-inch (3d) underlayment nails. Make sure to stagger the joints.

Spread a thin layer of leveling compound along the plywood seams with a 6-inch drywall knife. Allow to dry completely (about 30 minutes).

Sand the seams smooth with a sanding pad with 100-grit paper.

If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks

Let me know if you have any more questions

walkereng
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant