How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2535
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am not sure how this works (fee and payment), but I do

Customer Question

I am not sure how this works (fee and payment), but I do have a question about crushing on engineered I joists when no squash blocks were installed. I don't think there is any sagging or warping, but definitely signs of crushing where the joists meet the foundation. An experienced contractor has proposed a solution, but I would like to have a structural engineer sign off on it.
Is that something you could do (if I provide you the information) and how much would you charge? Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I can help. Can I get back to you in an hour?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not a response.
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay. If you post the contractor solution I will take a look at it and tell you my thoughts.

Related Structural Engineering Questions