How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask walkereng Your Own Question
walkereng, Consultant
Category: Structural Engineering
Satisfied Customers: 2534
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
Type Your Structural Engineering Question Here...
walkereng is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have water leakage in our cinder-block foundation on one

Customer Question

We have water leakage in our cinder-block foundation on one wall. It looks like the blocks have shifted about 1/4 inch inward. I'd like to have a structural engineer look at the wall before contacting waterproofing companies for repair to get an honest assessment of the issue. I'm not sure what to ask or how to evaluate an engineer's qualifications. I would appreciate any suggestions!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any pictures you could share with me?

Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you come back online and if you still need help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay, here are several photos. Some further information, as far as we can tell (because we have a finished basement) only 1 wall is affected. The wall is on the west side of our house, we have a set of steps and our driveway on that side. We don't have gutters. The house was built in 1965.Please let me know if there's any other information you need.Sincerely,
Arlene Snyder

Related Structural Engineering Questions