Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Structural Engineering

I have a 4'x24' hole that im going to cover with steel beams with 1/4 steel plat

Customer Question
e on top and the...
I have a 4'x24' hole that im going to cover with steel beams with 1/4 steel plat e on top and the steel beams will be 4' wide and mounted into concrete on both sides so what size beams or support do you suggest if a 10000 pound vehicle has to drive over it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/19/2015
Structural Engineer: walkereng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
1. So the beams will be spanning the 4' direction?
2. Do you know the configuration of your vehicle, axle spacing and axle weights?
Tractor 10 wheeler and 6 wheelers
Few more questions:1. So the beams will be spanning the 4' direction?2. What direction will you vehicle be travelling over the hole? Will they pass over it in the 4' direction or will a line of wheels pass over the 24' direction?3. Are the axle spacings greater than 4' o.c.?
let me know if you still need help
walkereng
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant