walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

I wish to add a deck to my home that is framed with your beams.

Customer Question

I wish to add a deck to my home that is framed with your beams. I want to lag a beam on to the side of house. The local bldg. has told me to check with the manufacture Plz. help???
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 years ago.
Is this the continuation of a previous question? If so when did you ask your original question?
If not, can you explain your deck layout in a bit more detail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The deck is 10x12 ,the 10' part is attached to the house. This will be a doubled up 2x10 . The joist will be 2x10 installed with met oist hangers.
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 years ago.
You want to know how to attach a ledger to the side of your house?
A ledger only needs to be a single member.
You would use a single 2x10 ledger attached to the side of your house. The ledger would be attached into each stud with a 1/2" diameter lag bolt.
Let me know if you heave any more questions.
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you need any more information.
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 years ago.
If you feel you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Rating button that is appropriate. Experts are credited for each adequately Rated answer they provide. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Thanks