walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Over 30 years of Structural Engineering experience.
61772417

There is a new patio cover that will connect to the gable side

Customer Question

there is a new patio cover that will connect to the gable side of a 3 & 12 ROOF AT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE 10 ft. plate so it will be at 9 ft and the new gable will be 18 ft long with a span of 30 ft so cover is (18 X 30 ft.) my ? is there is 3 6X6 post that these beams will span and also return to the side of garage so 2 span 15 ft. to hold center beam for ridge and 2 return to garage from corner post What size glue beams do I need a this Southern Calif, Riverside Co. 92262 zip, but has wind speed requirement of 75 mph Thank you Will Busch at Oak Springs holdings and construction .......***@******.***
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any kind of sketch you can share with me? I want to make sure I fully understand your question.
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 years ago.
You can attach your sketch to the Chat Window with the paperclip in the toolbar.
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 years ago.
Let me know when you come back online with your sketch
Expert:  walkereng replied 2 years ago.
I am here to help if you still need it.