Structural Engineering

Ask Structural Engineering Questions and Get Expert Answers ASAP

Structural Engineering

I have a 6 inch SS I beam with a lower flange of 3 5/16 wide

Customer Question
and a 5/16 web thickness...
I have a 6 inch SS I beam with a lower flange of 3 5/16 wide and a 5/16 web thickness. it is supported every 24 inches from structure above. I am looking for the lower flange loading. can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Structural Engineering
5/27/2015
Structural Engineer: StructuralEng, Consultant replied 2 years ago
StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
I can help. I'm driving. Can I get back to you in a couple hours?
You want to know the maximum load you can hang off the bottom flange?
Do you know the grade of steel?
walkereng
walkereng
walkereng, Consultant