Spain Law

Need Spanish Law Help? Ask Spanish Law Questions Online.

I live in a community in Torre de la Horredada. Just outside…

Hi I live in a...

Hi
I live in a community in Torre de la Horredada.
Just outside our house there is a street with speed limit 40km.
Almost none respect the limit and some droves in 120km or more.
It’s generate a lot of noise and it’s dangerous especially for children
Is it anything i can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alicante

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

6/4/2017
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi, the answer to your problem its not easy.

The competence is of the City hall, Policia Local (It it does exists) or Guardia Civil

You should put as many claims as you could do to the City hall, guided to the mayor. Try to send them with so many sings of neighbours as you can

Even ask the City hall to put an obstacle to force the driver to slow the speeed

And in the other hand call to Guardia civil with the plates you could take

Get patient and send as so many letters as they need until the Cith hall do something. The best to put the obstacle They are the only ones who could put it

You will find a picture of what I mean you should ask the City hall to put there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what about the noise

Its just the same, just puttint claims with so many signs you can get

I know it is hard but no more choices

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is it legal to take a video of the drivers?

Of course its legal and it could be used to let the authorities know the riskies and the disturbing of it

Its legal to take videos at the street of course

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can i take video of the cars and drivers showing the no. plates?

Of course

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is it possible to get the police to set up a temporary radar?

Of course you could ask for it or just suggest it and they will decide

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, thank you

Thank you. Please to rate positively my service. Its important for me

Have a good day

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one more thing. Can we stop rental of houses in the community

No. Its legal to do it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but isn't a new holiday law?

Well they have to do it legally and It is supposed they do it legally. If you know they dont you could denounce them to the spanish tax office and tourist office of the Comunitat Valenciana

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, what is this about? https://www.nuevosvecinos.com/descargas/actualidad/noticiasboletin_514.htm#utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=textlink&utm_campaign=boletin

Still its not a law its just a a project and in all cases the owners must follow legal requirments

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, so we can't stop it?

You can check if they follow the legal requirments

Denounce them to the spanish tax office its a good way to do it Also to the Comunitat Valenciana

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, thank you.

Thank you

Have a good day

Please to make the positively rate of the service

José M.
José M., Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have an agreement with the internet provider and the speed should be 30mb down and 10mb up. When I measure, we do not get the speed according tov the agreement. Can I refuse to pay until I get the speed as agreed?

Stop paying is not an answer, not a way.

Call them and ask for explnation and if rejected put a claim at the closer consumer protection office

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can i put this claim. They have no explanation and nothing happens

Torre La Horredada has an OMIC ( Consumer protection office )

Get the link HERE

Have a good day

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

I will be here if needed

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello
At the other side of the street
the City Hall has rented out a plot to an amusment park. They play high music until late night. And it is a lot of mechanical noise from the equipment also. Isn't it any law against it. Are they allowed to set it up at our door step?
They are rebuilding it now, and it will
come a lot more devices.
I know we are in Spain, but is it not any EU regulation against it also?
Kind regards
Aage Sonstebo

Hi again Aage

Its the same problem and the same answer, the best choice is to call the local police when the noise become too much hight

No more choices

In your case the best way could be to join some people or their signs to send them by wriiting to the City hall to let them know that we are disturbing with this activities

And wait what they do next ...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about the law against noise.
The have closed a bar in Torreveja
due to disturbing neighbors

The law and competence is giving from the City hall. They say the higher level and they have the machines to take data ... In short, the best we could do it to put claims.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But as i understood this is a common law in Valencia?

There are diferents levels, spanish law compulsory all Spain arround, Comunidad valenciana law, compulsory there, and most city halls have their own rules with respect all the others ones

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, so then it's now way to stop this with law in hand��

The way is with social pressure to let the City hall we are tired of noises and or another problems

To let they know I mean

Thank you