Spain Law

Need Spanish Law Help? Ask Spanish Law Questions Online.

My house in Spain was invaded. Now I intend to move in

Customer Question
My house in Spain...

My house in Spain was invaded. Now I intend to move in permantly and found out that i would have to file a civil lawsuit to get the people out. Is this true?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tarragona Miami Playa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet My other lawyer said that the process can take up to 3 years. and will incur a lot of legal charges so, does that mean I cannot even enter my house? I saw in the internet that that would be considered an illegal trespassing which i find extremely surprising

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes.... I used to live there and the person used to be a friend of mine. I let him stay initially with the condition that he would take care of the garden. Since he does not and I told him that I would have someone go to the house to check on the condition, he threatened me, saying that the house is his and that if I would come, he would have me killed I have the messages to prove this

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Spain Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/14/2017
Lawyer: José M., Attorney replied 1 year ago
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi, If you contract a local atorney you will get your propiety back but it will take some time, 6 months to 3 years

Fot the threats put a denounce at the closer police station

In short you have to contract a local atorney who study the case and demand in court to leave the propiety

José M spanish atorney