Spain Law

Need Spanish Law Help? Ask Spanish Law Questions Online.

Can a mover in spain, withhold the furniture that is in his…

Can a mover in...

Can a mover in spain, withhold the furniture that is in his storage untill the invoice is not fully paid to them?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Spain, comunidad Valeinciana.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The mover threatens me to withhold my goods

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/13/2017
José M.
José M., Attorney

Hi there. José M spanish atorney

Really spanish law Gives him that right. He can withold the goods
The best for you is to try an agrement
Spanish law Gives the depositor to keep the goods of the deposit until he gets his money.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to pay the mover when he delivers the goods at my house. Because he is charching us almost double, because of extra cost we did not know of.

Well, if you have a budget and the priced is fixed he can no force you to pay

You could put a claim at the close rconsumers protection office and explain the case

You have the right to go the movers office and ask for an oficcial cliam sheet and send it to the conumer protection office

Tell me the place where the mover reside and I will tel you where is the office adrees

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The mover is residing in Benissa, Alicante.
Thank you

Ask the oficcial sheet and send it to one of this sites

http://www.indi.gva.es/documents/161328197/0/Dependencias_consumo_CST.pdf/8f5ba7ad-ad7e-4d6c-821a-9b533c0d996c

Thank you

If he deny you the sheet just call the police and put a denounce for that

José M.
José M., Attorney