How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 5982
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are resident of Spain. I pay tax here, my

This answer was rated:

My husband and I are resident of Spain. I pay tax here, my husband does not. He is taxed at source in U.K. On his military pension. We are both over 65.....I am thinking of going back to UK to support my son and grandchildren. Do,my husband and I both have to be resident in Spain to avoid paying capital gain s tax when selling out house?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: AndLucia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, the house is on the market ATM the moment.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When will I be connected?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am still waiting for a response

Hi, José M spanish atorney

I am afraid you will have to pay taxes when you sell the house in all cases, resident or not.

If you do not declare they could ask for the money in future, so your risk is to lose the chance to have any more propieties here in Spain in future

So, if you are sure you will not come back, you could take the risk and do not pay, but you have to pay in all cases, resident or not.

Thank you. I will be here if needed

Hi. I gently ask for a good rate of the service if you do not need more help

Thank you

Have a good day

José M. and other Spain Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Spain Law Questions