How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask José M. Your Own Question
José M.
José M., Attorney
Category: Spain Law
Satisfied Customers: 6080
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
Type Your Spain Law Question Here...
José M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Myself and my ex partner rented a house in the axarquia area

Customer Question

myself and my ex partner rented a house in the axarquia area of spain 8 months ago. It was a verbal contract and the lady would not take a deposit from us. the rent is paid in cash and i have asked for a bank account number to have proof of payment. In favour of my ex partner, the landlady is now saying that I am only a guest of my ex partner as he now wants the place to himself. What can I do?? Thank you.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Axarquia campo, the area is known as Algarrobo in the south of Spain.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. José M spanish atorney.

You have the same right to sty there as your ex have, so, you do not have to go.

If they ware to change the key of the door, denounce him to the police.

Youi have the right to stay and you do not have to pay any more until the propitor gives you the proof you have tight to get

In another way, you could let her know that you are going to denounce her to spanish tax office AEAT because she gives you no bills of the sums paid.

in short, do not left the propiety, let her know you are not going out,a nd let her know you are going to denounce her to the spanish tax office

I will be here if neeeded

Thank you