José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I currently live in Spain with my daughter. My ex-partner also

Customer Question

I currently live in Spain with my daughter. My ex-partner also currently lives in Spain. Can I take my daughter to UK to live permanently without my ex-partner's permission? My daughter was born in Spain, but has a British Passport.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 4 years ago.

Attorney3044 :

Hi

Attorney3044 :

I am sorry to have to say that you can no take that decision by yourself and you will need the permission of your ex or a judicial permission to do it

Attorney3044 :

If your ex do not agree with the decission you will have to ask for the permission to the court, and the judge will decide if he let you or not

Attorney3044 :

The judge will decide taking in consideration several factors, the most important factor its the interest of the minor

Attorney3044 :

If you are able to demostrate that the best for the minor its to be with you in UK he could let you go with the minor

Attorney3044 :

You can write if you want to ask me whatever

Attorney3044 :

In order to get the judicial permission you must contract an attorney

Attorney3044 :

I know how you feel with the bad new, but please do not blame me

Attorney3044 :

Its not my fault that the news are bad, its just the law

Attorney3044 :

You can no decide for the minor by yourself and you must take in consideration the will of your ex

Attorney3044 :

Please let me know what more can I tell you, but please do not ask me to lie you in order to get good news for you