South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I want to file for divorce but i do not know the where

Hi. I want to...

Hi. I want to file for divorce but i do not know the where abouts of the spouse, so how do i go about that "stressed"

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the spouse taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?

No But i want to file for divorce. This marriage happened when i was still young and naive i didnt know it was something legit and when time went by i found out rhat everything was legit and i am old now and have a husband who wants to marry me and im stuck on this marriage now

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state is he in?

Sourh Africa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was working with his brother at a resturant and they asked me to marry him and i had no idea they wanted citizenship and this happened 2003

Hi expertise. Hope you well. All I need to k ow is that will it be able for me trace this man and most frustrating thing is that he is opening accounts and put my details i receive calls and sms,s from MBD where they have hand over his accounts e.g Truworths, TV License etc. I really need this to stop.
The address i had managed to get from one of his accounts is 25 Van der Walt Street Pretoria which i have no idea where it is located, and the contact number which is unreachable os(###) ###-####his name is***** Alan
Answered in 1 day by:
6/10/2018
Eric Yepez

Hello. My name is Eric. I am an attorney and can assist you.

I apologize. I read you are in South Africa. I must opt out as I am an American attorney.

Thank you Eric
Hi Expert. I am not sure if just answer will help me with my problem after reading the terms and conditions i understand that they are only experts from U.S and i'm a South African citizen
I have been waiting for response since Friday but there seem to be no possible solution right now im not so sure if this case will ever be resolved.
I suppose this site hasn't been helpful in my case, i am really not satisfied with the service. As it been said i can be reimbursed if i am not getting what i want please can i have my refund. Thank you i will try again other means until I get to the bottom of this case. Thank you again.
Christiaan K

Good morning

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you in answering your question today so please feel free to ask as many follow-up questions as you like until you are satisfied that I have answered your question.

I do appologise for only getting back to you now, I was not working on the website during the weekend.

It is actually a very simple matter. All you need to do is to instruct an attorney to institute divorce proceedings against this person wherein he is to ask for forfeiture of the benefits of the marriage in community of property.

The info that you have of him should be sufficient to trace his address and the attorney will instruct a tracing company to trace his address. The cost for tracing him should be less than R500.00.

If the tracing agency is unable to locate him, the attorney can apply to court for substituted service where a shortened version of the divorce summons gets published in newspapers. If he then doe not respond, you will be able to get an unopposed divorce order.

I trust that this answered your question.

Please be so kind as to rate my service by clicking on the relevant stars or smiley faces. If you do not rate my service, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively.

Kind regards

Christiaan K
Thank you very much for your assistance
For instance if i need a lawyer i would have to go out there and look for 1?

You will have to find an attorney yes. You can search for one on www.attorneys.co.za