South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

This is a statement sent to my daughter aged 17 from her…

Hi This is a...

Hi This is a statement sent to my daughter aged 17 from her manager, she was distraught about it and had to take her to a counselor to work through her feelings. It also seems that this team manager was grooming as they say in sport, a form of sexual harassment. The statement goes as follows

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

"Not only that you are f**king around behind his girlfriends back. A high five at the podium in front of her then 2 mins later a big hug in the pit when shes not there. It's wrong. He takes her home early to get rid of her so he can be with you (his dad told) I have seen enough, I don't care who you do or screw but I'm out, this time I am serious...(statement went on)....Do not discuss this with your mother,I don't want her asking me questions. (My wife and I both spoke to the Manager last year and he said there was nothing of the sort about a relationship with our daughter, the sms conversations show differently and shows more of a grooming relationship. We had to take our daughter to the councilor last year as well. As my daughter is sponsored we have tried to manage the situation. A bit more has happened since as she was let go off the team. I am trying to find out what is the best route to take

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

My daughter was sponsored by the team

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes since letting the manager know I intend taking this further and laying charges, he has been trying to defame both myself and my daughter through other people and facebook. We signed a contract for last year and he cancelled the regional racing my daughter was supposed to race I in turn never paid R4000 a month as the races were cancelled. The cancellation was again part of another situation we had to manage as he had also accused her of similar things, The conversations are still on my daughters phone. I don't know which way to turn as there are so many parts to this, not being paid for work and parts supplied, slander, crimen injuria, sexual harassment, abuse and theft. The worst is the harassment and crimen injuria.

4/10/2018
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

I have read your statements, I am not sure what the question is however.

Pleas ask a specific question and I will attempt to answer.

regards

I am asking what is the best way forward as I believe the statement is a case for crimen injuria, however, there also seems to be a case of sexual harassment of a minor (grooming). Do I put them all forward as a total case or must it be done on individual bases?

OK, in short, you provide all the evidence you have to the SAPS and they will decide how to proceed with the assistance and input from the prosecutor.

Please remember to rate the service positively.

Regard s

Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Thank you so much for the positive rating. I hope I can be of assistance to you again in the future.

You may request me personally.

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fwlombard1/

Regards