South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

My boyfriend was arrested last night for drunk driving. Not…

Customer Question
My boyfriend was arrested...

My boyfriend was arrested last night for drunk driving

Lawyer's Assistant: Does your boyfriend have any upcoming court dates on the drunk driving charges?

Not yet. He is still at the police station.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the drunk driving occur?

We are in Johannesburg South Africa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Must we pay the fine for admission of guilt ?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
3/17/2018
Lawyer: CaseLaw, Attorney replied 4 months ago
CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I am a practicing attorney based in South Africa and I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your initial question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

You must remember that part of paying the admission of guilt fine is that your boyfriend is ADMITTING that he is criminally guilty of drunk driving. That means that he WILL end up with a criminal record. If any background check is done on him, the record will come up.

BUT, if he is guilty then he is guilty and paying a fine is a QUICK and cheap way to get the whole thing behind him.

He will avoid a criminal trial, and attorney fees, and he might receive a jail sentence! So paying a fine might be a good option.

If my answer hasn't provided you with enough clarity regarding your initial question, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - don't just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw