South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I want to know if ever do i have tooay for the legal advice.

I want to know...

I want to know if ever do i have tooay for the legal advice

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Africa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet only wanted advices so that i can take a cleverclever step that wont put me in trouble

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want an advice. What is happening is that, i am dating online with a guy from UK, now he said he want to send me money, now the money he want to send, is in his offshore like investment account, so the money is not yet ready to be released, now he says his offshore bank says money like that can only be released if there is a beneficiary, so he requested my names & e mail address so that he can give the details to the bank so that they can forward me a form to complete as a beneficiary & send it back to them, the bank did send the form, i have completed it, & send it back to the bank, then the bank email me back a transection that indicate that a certain amount from the guy offshore account is now reflecting as a credit in his account meaning it can be withdrawn by me online as he saying hes not allowed to cash money himself, now he is telling me now that tomorrow the bank will send me login details to transfer the money, now i am really afraid because i dont know if really there is something like that or is that is a scam because i am a South African who totally doesn't have an idea of international money transfer especially from an account of someone who you totally dont know only met on the side, iam afraid because its like they will send log in tomorrow, i am totally in darkness, how will j know if this is legal or not

They guy says his offshore account is with Royal Financial Bank of Scotland, so i have received a form yesterday for confirmation of personal details from Royal Financial bank to add me as a beneficiary of Offshore funds of the guy. After sending the form to them, the bank did email some information to say a certain a transection of a certain amount have been done by the bank & now reflecting as a credit on the guy's account. The guy just told me few hours ago that only me is allowed to transfer that amount from his bank account into mine via online login that the bank will provide me with tomorrow. So m asking myself questions that why the guy himself cant he transfer the money himself if this is really his account, now hes telling me hes not allowed, so m worried what if is scam whereby it will look like m stealing money from abroad online. Should they send me those login tomorrow, what must i do, can i go to the police & report or? How will i know if that is legal or illegal.
3/9/2018
Christiaan K

Good day

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you in answering your question today so please feel free to ask as many follow-up questions as you like until you are satisfied that I have answered your question.

I am sorry to tell you this but it is 100% a scam. The guy you are talking to is a con artist who do this kind of thing over and over.

I surely do hope that you did not supply him with your banking details. If you did, you should immediately inform your bank that you were scammed and possibly change your bank account details.

Also, immediately break all connection that you have with this person. Do not engage in any further communication and run scans on your computer to make sure that there are no virus on it.

Please do not doubt my advice, I have seen the same scam many times and I guarantee you that it is indeed a scam.

I trust that this answered your question.

Please be so kind as to rate my service by clicking on the relevant stars or smiley faces. If you do not rate my service, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively.

Kind regards

Christiaan K
Thank you Mr.
I want to confirm that i have not yet given him my banking details, except my personal details, full names, identity number, next of kin & country of origin. I am breaking my communication with him as soon as now, but worried, what will happen with my personal details as completed on their contract form to add me as a beneficiary for the offshore account of this guy.?

Identity theft is also a problem worldwide. There is however very little you can do about that now, apart from acting pro-actively to do a credit check on yourself every couple of months in order to pick up any possible action in your name as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

My pleasure.

Thank you for the positive rating.

If you need my assistance again in future, you may request me personally at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-Attorneyza/

Regards

You mean irrespective of the kind of proplem i will be facing by then that time? meaning you can assist in every challenge?

Sorry, I do not understand your question.

Meaning, if i want assistance concerning maybe, divorce, maintenance, fraud, work dismissal, etc

You may contact me again on a new thread in future if you need any further legal advice.

This question is now closed and finalised.

Thank you very much