South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I have a friend that just phoned me. The company opened its…

I have a friend...

I have a friend that just phoned me . The company opened its door in December and said that they will pay weekly wages. Then they changed it to a monthly salary in after the first week. All the employees of the company just received a letter to say that the company will not be paying salaries this month what must she do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Good Morning and sorry we are in South Africa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet I told her to go in other wise they might fire her for not pitching up

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of but the letter was given to all the employees

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/14/2018
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

Did they give any reason why they will not be paying salaries?

Regards

Thank you very much

Hi, I am not sure what you are thanking me for yet...

Please respond to my question so that I may assist you.

Regards

Sorry I dont have so much money available now can we just chat please

Yes, we are currently chatting.

What was the reason given why the salaries will not be paid?

Regards

Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Hi Sir sorry I can't get hold of my friend so I can't give you the answers I will accept that we can't resolve this case

Thank you, ***** ***** me at least give you some information.

The employer MUST pay the employees - there is no way around it. So, if their salaries are less than R15 000,00 I suggest that she issues a summons from the small claims court, otherwise, if it is more, they can claim from the labour Court or the Magistrate's Court.

Thank you so much for the positive rating. I hope I can be of assistance to you again in the future.

You may request me personally.

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fwlombard1/

Regards