South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I was verbally abused, humiliated and sweared at (crimen…

I was verbally abused...

I was verbally abused, humiliated and sweared at (crimen injuria?) through my personal WhatsApp Voice messages. I was threatened by publishing a video and photos and emailing family.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Africa

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing yet. It happened about 4 hours ago. It is 2:04 am in SA. Everybody is sleeping...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has a history of stalking, uncontrolable anger and maliciousness.I didn't respond to her, I am in a state of total disbelieve and shock. She used very very bad words.

1/16/2018
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

So, what exactly is it that you want to know?

Regards

I want to protect myself and my family. Can I lay a charge against her? What is the next step to do?
Thank you

The question is what is it that you want to accomplish. From what you wrote, it seems like you do not want certain photos and a video to be shown to your family. As soon you as lay a charge against her, these will become evidence, and your family might see them.

If she did not threaten you, or your family and you have nothing to fear, you can just delete these offensive messages and block her number. Otherwise, you can lay a charge at the SAPS and you can also obtain an interdict against her at your local Magistrates Court in terms of the Protection from Harassment Act.

You can read a bit more about the act here.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further questions here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Thank you Freddie. It answered my question 100%. The photos and video dont bother me, its more about invading of my privacy. She is a very sick person and dangerous. I really appreciate your time and thoroughly amswered question. Thank you

My pleasure.

Please click on the stars to rate the service.

regards

Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Thank you so much for the positive rating. I hope I can be of assistance to you again in the future.

You may request me personally.

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fwlombard1/

Regards