South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

An individual and his wife is members on a close corporation…

Good day An individual...

Good day An individual and his wife is members on a close corporation In the CC the only asset is a house and has a bond on it The individual passed away and in his will he request that the property must be inherited by his son How must the estate be handled Must the bond be paid out of the individual who passed away estate because he was the member in the CC and must his son who inherited the property become a member thus change of ownership and who is liable for the outstanding bond The bond was on the name of the CC whilst the individual was still alive and also and outstanding amount at his death He was married in community of property

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

SOUTH AFRICA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The estate has been reported to the Master of the Supreme Court The Individual died in September 2017 but not been finalized as yet No Liquidation and Distribution account as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No this is the only problem we have to deal with in this estate

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2018
Christiaan K

Good day

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you in answering your question today so please feel free to ask as many followup questions as you like until you are satisfied that I have answered your question.

Unfortunately, the individual who passed away could not leave an asset of the CC to his son in his will. He could only leave his membership interest in the CC to his heirs/beneficiaries in his will.

Also, even if he could leave it in his will, the property was not fully owned by one individual since there is also his wife who had a share (members interest).

The CC will remain liable for the outstanding bond since it is not concerned with the passing of a natural person.

I trust that this answered your question.

Please be so kind as to rate my service by clicking on the relevant stars or smiley faces. If you do not rate my service, I do not get paid by the website so Iwould really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively.

Kind regards

Christiaan K
Thank you so much Will rate your service

Thank you for the positive rating.

If you need my assistance again in future, you may request me personally at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-Attorneyza/

Regards

Christiaan K
Christiaan K
Christiaan K