South Africa Law

Get Your South African Law Questions Answered by Experts

South Africa Law

I was divorced in Cape Town 22-11-1999 but did not have any

Customer Question
Hello I was divorced in...
Hello I was divorced in Cape Town 22-11-1999 but did not have any further papers from King Williams Town. do you know how I can get hold of the final papers as I now live in UK
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Married in UK under English Law 1970 and divorced in Cape Town south Africa 1999 now living in Wales UK
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have a copy of my divorce papers here but I think I need something that finalises the divorce
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so I just need confirmation as to whether I need any further paperwork. It is to do with my pension in UK
Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: South Africa Law
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Freddie Lombard, Attorney replied 15 days ago
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

I am sorry, but I do not think I fully understand your question.

If you got divorced in Cape Town, then what papers from King Williams Town are you referring to?

What divorce papers do you have? Is it the Final Decree of Divorce issued by the Court?

Regards

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I was divorced in Cape Town South Africa in the southern divorce court and I didn’t get any final divorce or decree nisei papers and I need to know if there is ant further paperwork that I should have received from them.
Lawyer: Freddie Lombard, Attorney replied 14 days ago

What papers do you have? You say you have copies of you "divorce papers". What papers are those?

You should have received a Final Divorce Order from the Court yes.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further questions here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney