South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I just found out my wife has been cheating on me.what are my…

Customer Question
Hi.i just found out...

Hi.i just found out my wife has been cheating on me.what are my rights

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oh sorry.um in south africa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Like i said im in south africa.can you still help?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
1/1/2018
Lawyer: CaseLaw, Attorney replied 6 months ago
CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney

Hi there,

I am a practicing attorney based in South Africa and I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your initial question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

This is a further information request so that I can provide you a proper answer to your legal question. Please continue in this same question thread.

What sort of action are you thinking about taking?

Asking about "what are my rights" is pretty wide. Is there something specific that I can assist you with?

Awaiting your further information.

Regards

CaseLaw

We will divorce.but i want to know why my daughter and i have to suffer due to her cheating.do i have no grounds to claim for emotional distress etc?
If you can prove that the Man who she is cheating on you with "stole" her away from you, basically that he pursued her and tried to get her to leave your marriage, all while knowing that she was married, then you have a claim against him.
But you don't have a claim against your wife for any emotional loss or anything.
Only against the other man.
Also, if the other man never knew that your wife was married, then you won't have a claim against him.
Unfortunately your daughter won't have any claim whatsoever. Against anyone.
Does that make sense?