South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

Please. My girlfriend is the owner of the property and

Customer Question
Hi yes please. My...

Hi yes please. My girlfriend is the owner of the property and allows her brother to live on the property. He apparently wants to get an interdict against her.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We live in South Africa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No we are planning an appointment for next week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is also talking to our workers about our personal affairs

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Christiaan K,
 replied 8 months ago
Christiaan K

An interdict for what?

You have not asked any specific question. What do you want me to answer?

Can her brother get an interdict to prevent her access to her own property?
No not necessary as I have already paid R 400 and still waiting for an answer.
Lawyer: Christiaan K,
 replied 7 months ago

He might be able to get an interdict if she infringes on his rights but it is a difficult remedy he will not get easily. Once again, I do not know what the grounds would be for doing this since you have not mentioned on what grounds but technically it is possible.

If for instance a landlord continues to invade the tenant's privacy, he should be able to get an interdict.

As landlord, she will be able to evict him if she terminates his right to occupy the property.

Please rate my service if you are satisfied or if you have another follow up question, you are welcome to ask.

Regards