South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

Freddie, One of our clients brought a friend of his for a…

Good day Freddie, One of our...
Good day Freddie,
One of our clients brought a friend of his for a possible loan with us. Unfortunately we can not help, as she is under Debt Review. She owns a car, which was not included in the Debt Review application. Because of Family funeral and other costs, she fell behind on the repayment of the car. Despite that she has offered a slightly reduced instalment to WesBank they have summonsed her with the request that she brings the car to them for repossession. Should she be allowed to take a loan to repay the outstanding money to WesBank to anable her to keep the car?(even though she is under Debt Review?)
Kind regards,Marietjie & Tom von Prince
12/1/2017
Christiaan K

Good day

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

Debt review is not a bar against loaning someone money. You can still sue them and recover the money legally, unlike when they are under administration. It is however a good indication that she will not be able to repay the loan to you if you do loan the money to her.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Christiaan K

Thanks for the positive rating. I hope I can be ofassistance to you again in the future.

You may request me personally at: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fwlombard1.

Regards