South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

I have a 50% share in a property and my cousin has the other…

Hi. I have a 50%...
Hi. I have a 50% share in a property and my cousin has the other 50%. She is charging the property company R19,000 a month but is not doing any work for this other than taking the invoices received to the bookkeeper. There is a property management company that we pay as well as the bookkeeper. Can I legally refuse to pay this and or offer to provide the service for free
11/30/2017
Christiaan K

Good day

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

She is not entitled to charge anything to which you have not agreed. Even if you did agree, you can always change your mind.

You can most certainly offer to do the service for free or you can recommend a external third party to do this.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Christiaan K
Thank you for the response. It was exactly the response that I was hoping for,

Thanks for the positive rating. I hope I can be of assistance to you again in the future.

You may request me personally at: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fwlombard1.

Regards