South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

My twee klein kinders bly vir die afgelope twee jaar by ons…

My twee klein kinders bly...
My twee klein kinders bly vir die afgelope twee jaar by ons aan huis. Die ma en pa is geskei. Volgens die egsskeidings ooreenkoms is die kinders aan haar toegewys, maar die pa kon hulle gereeld sien. Die pa bly by ons aan huis vanaf die egskeiding en het 'n senuwee probleem ontwikkel en is steeds werkloos. Die ma het intussen New Zealand toe ge-emigreer en bly nou daar saam met 'n mansvriend. Die kinders is in ons sorg gelaat. Sy betaal 'n onderhoud en skakel gereeld met die kinders. My vraag is, wat behels voogdyskap oor die kinders. Sal dit voordelig wees om aansoek te doen vir voogdyskap en wat behels dit. Dit moet ons net wetlik toelaat om aansoek te doen vir skool beurs bystand en dies meer.. Sodra ek iets noem by die ma oor voogdyskap, dink sy ons wil die kinders van haar weerhou, wat glad nie die geval is nie. Kan u my inlig asseblief
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/30/2017
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

Stories like these never cease to amaze me.

The mother emigrated to another country, leaving her children behind, and she still wants to "control" their lives after she abandoned them. In my opinion, it would be in the best interest of these children to be adopted by you so that you can assume the role of their guardians.

Having ranted on, I suggest you seek the assistance of a private social worker dealing with adoptions to assist you with the process.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further questions here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Thank you for the return of my question, but the mother is planning to come fetch the children. Nobody knows when. Can we keep her from taking the children out the country and have the children a choice in the matter. The mother has a drinking problem and the older son is not happy with that situation - although she tries to hide the fact that she has not rehabilitate. Can she just come and fetch the children? I know the father also has a say in it, but can she force the children to go against their will?
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney