South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

If you took a loan on your property with an unregistered…

If you took a...

If you took a loan on your property with an unregistered loan shark can they take away your property if you fail to make payment

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

South Africa durban

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No nothing has been filed as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am paying a 20% interest per month and borrowed in desperation

11/30/2017
Christiaan K

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering it today but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

The requirements to loan out money in SA is very strict these days. If the credit provider is not registered as a credit provider in terms of the National Credit Act, he will not be able to claim the money back from you.

If you are sued at any time, you should seek legal assistance immediately as an attorney will know what the requirements would be for the summons.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

They had an attorney draw up a document and asked me to sign over 100% shares

If I were in your shoes I would not sign anything without obtaining legal advice from an attorney who had reviewed everything first.

Only if payment is not made they said that they will take away my property I have borrowed only 60000 on a property valued at 650000

That might be the case but for peace of mind, I suggest you consult with an attorney and you take copies of everything for him to review. You never know what tomorrow holds and if you do fail to make prompt end regular payment, you might loose your shares.

Please remember to rate my service.

Regards

I am the executer n only beneficiery of the will house not yet transfered to my name they asked me for that original document can they take away my home the attorney that got document drawn knows that this loan shark is not a registered business he has other business registered on his name but not a finance business he has a call Centre n alarm business

They can do anything if you do not oppose/stop them legally. It does not help to guess what will happen if this or that happens, your best defense is knowledge. Be prepared.

I don't have a copy of the loan document I signed I only got copies of the will title deed n executor ship

Get your attorney to request copies.

Christiaan K

Thanks for the positive rating. I hope I can be ofassistance to you again in the future.

You may request me personally at: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fwlombard1.

Regards