South Africa Law

Get Your South African Law Questions Answered by Experts

South Africa Law

Can copies of Wills/Trust be reviewed or obtained online for

Customer Question
cases in South Africa? JA: Estate...
Can copies of Wills/Trust be reviewed or obtained online for cases in South Africa?
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: It's not me, it's my girlfriend. She resides in East London, South Africa. I believe her father passed in Cape Town.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: That's the problem, she has none. She was in the process of coming to America to get married. She was told there was a Will created by her father that once she married a responsible person, her inheritance would be released to her.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Given what I have told you to this point, are there any other questions you might need answered?
Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: South Africa Law
11/30/2017
Lawyer: Christiaan K,
 replied 11 days ago
Christiaan K

Thank you for your question. I will try to assist you in answering ittoday but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions as you like until you are 100% satisfied.

Unfortunately you will not be able to get a copy of the will online. Your best bet is to appoint an attorney in Cape Town to visit the office of the Master of the High court and request a copy of the will and any other possible documents that you might require.

If she knows who the executor of the estate was, she should also be able to request a copy of the will from him/her.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further question here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Christiaan K
Christiaan K
Christiaan K