South Africa Law

Get Your South African Law Questions Answered by Experts

South Africa Law

I need help finding out if this girl's divorce is official.

Customer Question
Hello I need help finding...
Hello I need help finding out if this girl's divorce is official. She has asked me to marry her but is emotionally blackmailing me for money!!
She is South African Lucy-Anne Chapman
And she got married to a Jewish bloke Alon Manosturky. The date that she gave me when they were divorced is 13 Nov 2017.
She seems to be in cohoots with others! Blackmailing me for money!!
Please help!!
She also says she's fight fir custod for the two children Talia and Daniel. They live in Sandton JHB
Her date of birth is 14 April 1979/1980
I'm really desperate
gavin Hong
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: South Africa Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Lawyer: Freddie Lombard, Attorney replied 29 days ago
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

Well, let me start off with a warning. Your story lights up every red light in my mind.

As soon as someone says things like "If you really love me, you will..." (fill in the blanks). It is a clear indication that they do not love you, but they are looking at what they can get out of the relationship. Wanting to take control of your finances appears to be her goal. People like this are referred to as "Gold diggers".

Now, that is my initial assessment of your situation.

In the event that this is incorrect, then the easiest way to make sure she is for real, is to ask her for a copy of her original divorce order so that you can instruct an attorney to draw up an Ante Nuptial Contract between the two of you. Such a contract is to protect both of you when you do get married. If she is skittish about providing the divorce order, or if she does not want to enter into a contract with you, in my opinion, it would then just validate my concerns above.

In which case, you would be better off without her.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further questions here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

I hope this answered your question.

Regards

Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney