South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

What are the terms of termination of the Contractor's

What are the...

What are the terms of termination of the Contractor's Contract, in the FIDIC Contract - (I.E.) - 1) Notice time - 2) - Are the notice times - 3) Can it be immediate, etc, etc, etc. -

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South Africa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Shouldn't this matter be attended either Mediation, Adjudication, or Arbitration - ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

The Client has terminated the contract with immediate effect, - ?? - No notice - Written Warnings, etc -

Answered in 1 day by:
11/20/2017
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

To be very honest, this is like asking "how long is a piece of string?".

The ONLY way in which I can answer this question, is if you provide me a with a copy of the contract. It all depends on the wording of each specific contract.

Usually, there will be a breach clause which will set out exactly what the process for cancellation is, and whether mediation or arbitration is to precede any litigation.

Do you have a copy of the contract which you can send to me?

Regards

Thanks Freddie - I will revert back shortlyRegardsCarlos F.M. Herckenrath
(PrQS,PMAQS)

OK, I await your reply.

Regards

Hi FreddiePlease find attached the Contract you requested - Refer Clause 15.2 - Re my question on termination, etc.RegardsCarlos F.M. Herckenrath

Thank you, ***** ***** is very vague, and to be honest, appears to be a document which amended the actual contract.

Be that as it may, from what I can gather, the employer (client) can only terminate/cancel the contract after giving a warning notice in which the contractor is given 14 days (amended from 28 days) to rectify any breach.

If the contractor fails to rectify the said breach within 14 days only then can the employer cancel the contract.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind as to rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further questions here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Thank you so much for the positive rating. I hope I can be of assistance to you again in the future.

You may request me personally.

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fwlombard1/

Regards