South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

What happens when an attorney is struck off the roll. It's…

Hi there. What happens when...
Hi there. What happens when an attorney is struck off the roll. It's my uncle's estate. I'm not the Executor. I have advised the Executor to lodge formal complaint. Problem is that the attorney does not answer calls, emails and is never at home. All we want is original documents so that we can take it to another attorney to finalise. Where to from here
11/16/2017
Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney

Hi I'm Freddie,

Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will post a reply here ASAP.

Regards

Normally, the Law Society will appoint an attorney to "take over" the attorney's files. So, you should be contacted soon by an attorney soon. You can then choose to appoint a different attorney, or to let the one appointed by the Law Society continue with the matter.

I hope this answered your question.

I know it will take an extra minute of your time to rate my service, but if you do not rate it, I do not get paid by the website so I would really appreciate it if you would be so kind asto rate my service positively. Feel free to ask further questions here on this topic at no extra cost if you need more information.

Regards

Hi thanks. Will do rating. Just need another answer then I'm done.The winding up of my uncle's estate is a long and messy business and the attorney agreed to do free of charge. So if Law Society appoints, do we have to pay? Is the appointment by the Law Society a better option in your opinion and would that person request all the documents from the previous attorney? Please advise

I cannot imagine that any attorney would work for free, especially if the estate is complicated and messy but, yes, you will have to pay the new attorney.

The law society usually literally removes all the files from an attorney's office when such attorney is struck from the role, and hands the files to another attorney.

Regards

Freddie Lombard
Freddie Lombard, Attorney
Thank you so much Freddie for giving me the answers I need. It's the best advise I've been given since we started this process. It's 2 years in the making already. We'll take it from here. Much appreciated Natalie Damon

Thank you so much for the positive rating. I hope I can be of assistance to you again in the future.

You may request me personally.

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fwlombard1/

Regards