South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

Driving 3 times over a limit in an accident, there are

Customer Question
Hi there, drunken driving 3...
Hi there, drunken driving 3 times over a limit in an accident, there are indications drinks were tampered with as my son only had two drinks. No one hurt or killed? We are ignorant with these things as we are law abiding citizens and overwhelmed.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
11/11/2017
Lawyer: CaseLaw, Attorney replied 8 months ago
CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your initial question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

Look, while I hear what you're saying, the chances that you are going to be able to successfully PROVE in a court that your son's drink was spiked (which caused his blood alcohol limit to be so high) is VERY difficult. It's almost impossible unless you can get blood tests done now to show that there are other chemicals in his system, or you have a witness who can testify that the drink was spiked. But even then, your son would need to explain why he continued to drink the drink if the witness saw that it had been spiked.

Are you 100% certain that your son is telling the truth? Did he really have only 2 drinks?

Was your son arrested and then released on a warning, or on bail?

Was blood taken? What about a breathalizer?

If my answer hasn't provided you with enough clarity regarding your initial question, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - don't just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw