South Africa Law

Get your South African law questions answered by Experts

On 12/07/2017 I was approached by agents of Share

Customer Question
On 12/07/2017 I was...

On 12/07/2017 I was approached by agents of Share Trackin.They give me an presentation on trading on stock exchange.I was told that you can cancel the contract within 6 months.The avent work explaint the payments.He has written it down on a piece of paper but did not leave the paper,with this in mind I signed the contract.I thought they would take the monthly payment via debit order,no payment went through.Yesterday I received an email from C/K Moneyline for an outstanding amount of R15 950-00 and I must pay the amount or make arrangement to or to pay in full.I have not make use of any of their services and would like to cancel please advise.Joseph Zealand email josephz1openserve.co.za tel.0813553287

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

State confused.No one assisting.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No not yet but I have check on comments from people on the enternet once they cancelled they are pressured to pay in full.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I paid a deposit of R5000 with the initial signing up.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: South Africa Law
9/28/2017
Lawyer: CaseLaw, Attorney replied 10 months ago
CaseLaw
CaseLaw, Attorney

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I will try to assist you with your legal question but please feel free to ask as many follow up questions in order to clarify your initial question. If you have a new question, you must please open a new thread.

There are a number of complaints almost identical to yours of many people on the internet. See here: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sharetrackin-ck-moneyline-c504478.html

Basically you are going to have to contact them and demand that they cancel the contract with you.

If you have used their services or have NOT used their services does not actually matter. The only thing that matters (unfortunately) is that you signed a contract in terms whereof you are entitled to use their services.

It's like buying a car and then not driving it. You still bought the car.

My advice is that you enter into a cancellation agreement with them directly. You'll need to agree to pay them something, because you signed the agreement initially, but not the full amount.

If you have given them your credit card details it will be an issue, because they will just take the money off your account. Then you will need to fight them to get the money back.

Part of your demand to them should make reference to the 6 month cancellation policy. i.e. if you're not happy then you can cancel in full.

If they ignore you (or refuse to cancel) then you are going to have to send them a lawyer's letter setting out the same thing.

I am afraid that I am not allowed to refer you to a specific attorney, however I can suggest that you can locate a suitably qualified attorney in your area who will be able to assist you with your query at Find a Law Firm specialising in Litigation (Civil)

You'll need to speak to the lawyer directly about his/her charges as they vary depending on a number of factors. e.g. small firm / big firm, years of experience, etc ...

If my answer hasn't provided you with enough clarity regarding your initial question, please send me a REPLY with follow up questions so that I can continue to assist you in this same thread for as long as you need. Let me know if you need more advice - don't just rate my answer as "bad".

If my are HAPPY with my answer then please click one of the STAR ratings or the SMILEY FACES to rate my answer!

Good luck and best regards,

CaseLaw

Hi there again,

I see that you've NOT yet read my answer. Do you still need assistance?

If you have a further questions please can you rate my answers above as positive; and then ask further questions if you need clarity on the answer provided.

Regards

CaseLaw